Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Get Fit or Die Trying.


Getting fit has always been on the top of to do list but persisting and actively incorporating some form of fitness into my schedule has never been my strong suit - until now.


Out of my almost 10years as an adult there is only a total of 1year where I was consistently exercising. I was one of those freaks who woke up at 4am everyday, even through winter, to run before work. I ran in the scorching sun resulting in some very attractive sports bra tan lines, and sometimes I went down to the Bay Run after work to run again which meant I had a pre-packed running bag and was very skilled at changing in my car.
But that all stopped after I underwent a surgery which required me to rest up for 6wks and I never got my groove back.

Fast forward 4 years, 1 of which I was pregnant for and 2 of which I've been post-baby for, I have FINALLY gotten into a rhythm of incorporating fitness into my crazy schedule. Not going to lie, this new routine has only been running (or in my current reality walking) for about a month but already I feel different and feel more determined to continue (however I have made it so there are some very real rewards for doing so).

How? You ask.
With a combination of a FitBit and the Qantas Wellness App.

What is the Qantas Wellness App?
It's an app by Qantas that allows you to collect Qantas Frequent Flyer points by doing simple activities like walking. It can collect data from your phone or through activity trackers like FitBit.
I first downloaded the Qantas Wellness App about a year ago after reading an article on it and boy did it kick start a new fitness regime. I was walking the miss to school every second day for the duration of the 28day trial but that all fell to pieces when the trial ended and it required me to sign on to Qantas Assure (now simply known as Qantas Insurance) to continue using the app.
A year later, and feeling a whole heap more determined, I looked into the Wellness App again and found that they had changed the rules and that I could continue to use the app but at reduced Qantas Points meaning I would earn less points per activity/challenge but I could still use the app.
Since redownloading the app a month ago I have gotten myself a FitBit Charger 3 to pair with the app (which has meant I don't have to carry my phone everywhere to rack up points) and I have moved my health insurance over to Qantas to make the most of my points (you earn a substantial amount more points per activity PLUS you get points on your premium!).

Quick rundown on the FitBit Charger 3.
I was torn between the Charger 3 and the Versa but ended up going with the simpler Charger 3 for a few reasons.
1. I planned on wearing it daily and overnight so didn't want anything too bulky (though the Versa is very light compared to other smart watches on the market).
2. I initially considered the Versa due to its music function but on further investigation learnt it wasn't compatible with Spotify which immediately ruled it out as a function for me.
3. I didn't want yet another piece of technology to distract me so didn't need all the apps that were available with the Versa.
When you compare the capabilities of the Charger 3 and Versa the main difference is the Versa has apps, is in colour, has music capabilities and has on screen fitness - all of which I didn't need.

What I love about the Charger 3:
From what I hear the older models of FitBit wasn't registering walks with the pram - I can confirm the Charger 3 registers every step you take with and without the pram.
I also love that between 9am-5pm every hour it prompts you to take at least 250 steps - sometimes this gets hard to do when I'm in the office all day so it's helpful to get a reminder to get up and move for a few minutes.
I also love the sleep analysis, the female reproduction calendar, and the relaxation app which encourages you to take 2 or 5 minutes to sit and breath. Not to mention the celebratory "yay you hit 10,000 steps" buzz it does when I've met my goal is pretty damn encouraging.

So if you want to join me on my new fitness regime add me on the Qantas Wellness App or the FitBit app!
And if you're interested in switching to Qantas Health Insurance quote the code:
mar8d20
so we both receive a bonus 5000 points ;)


- margaret
 photo Email_zps980fmrzw.jpg  photo Facebook_zpswoznj2z9.jpg  photo Instagram_zpsx5dewf4z.jpg  photo Twitter_zpsugftaddc.jpg   photo Pinterest_zpslqin5suo.jpg 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every comment and I will try to answer any questions. Please note, every comment is moderated before published and any rude or spam comments will be deleted.

x
mags